Veterinary Homeopathy Course Outline
- Interactive classroom style with lecture, discussion, and casework. Student presentations and examinations are utilized to facilitate different learning styles.
- Five sessions, each comprised of four days, with two to three months between each session.
- Between sessions, there will be reading, practical and theoretical homework, and case assignments.
- Faculty guidance provided through daily forum activity, phone, and email support.
Session 1: Basic Conceptual Framework of Homeopathy
- Establishing the foundation principles
- Mechanism of homeopathic effect, the curative response and evaluation
- How to work up a case, use of the repertory and analysis of symptoms
- Adjunctive therapies, case management, building a practice, interview techniques and client communication
Session 2: Difference between Acute & Chronic Disease
- Introduction to the challenges and differences in treating chronic vs acute disease
- The study of different forms of chronic disease and related remedies for treatment
- Essential relationship between nutrition and chronic disease
- Nutrition and supportive care
Session 3: Vaccination & Epidemic Disease
- Vaccinations and use of nosodes to prevent disease
- Treatment of epidemics
- Evaluating patient’s response to homeopathic treatment through further casework
- Further materia medica discussion and more in-depth repertory work
Session 4: Treatment of Suppressed Cases
- Evolution of chronic disease with increasing complexity over time
- Strategies for managing the confused and suppressed case
- Use of keynotes symptoms, significance of concomitant symptoms
- Understanding the importance of behavior in remedy selection
Session 5: Treatment of Cancer, Palliation vs. Cure
- Treatment of cancer, appropriate remedies and proper understanding of case management
- Palliation of incurable cases
- Evaluating case progress
- Research in homeopathy, examples and limitations
- Ethics in homeopathy, good practice standards
In Every Session:
- Case discussions are used as a basis for application of principles
- Practice management strategies will be reviewed at each session
- Faculty members will contribute essential tips to owning and running a successful homeopathic practice
Required books (for the veterinary course) and books recommended for the study of homeopathy.