ProfessionAL COURSE in Veterinary Homeopathy
The Professional Course in Veterinary Homeopathy is a fifteen month long integrated classroom and multimedia program, comprising of live classroom sessions, webinars, private tutoring sessions, homework study with clinical case work, and exams; and provided over 160 hours of instruction.
- Five live classroom sessions, each session comprises of four days, in Portland, Oregon.
- Class begins at 8:30am and ends at 6pm, with breaks scheduled throughout the day.
- The PIVH utilizes an interactive classroom teaching style with lecture, discussion, and casework; utilized to facilitate different student’s learning styles.
- Problem-based learning case study application is used throughout each session, bringing the theoretical to the practical, thereby engaging students to build the foundations for homeopathic clinical practice.
- Sessions 1-5 are scheduled with three months between each session to enable assimilation of coursework through homework study, clinical case work, classroom webinars and case rounds, and private tutoring sessions. Students find this time for study and clinical application of each session’s material to be essential.
- There are examinations throughout the course year with a final exam to be completed electronically after Session 5.
- Students will receive a comprehensive workbook (3.5″ binder) with detailed handouts inclusive of all lecture notes, additional reference materials, class resources, etc.
In Between Sessions
- Classroom webinars involving theory topics, case presentations, and case rounds.
- Private tutoring, multiple sessions are included with tuition; additional sessions are available on request for purchase.
- Homework Study between each session includes:
- Reading, practical and theoretical homework, and clinical case assignments.
- We advise that for every hour in lecture students should plan on 1-3 hours outside of class in homework study.
- Faculty guidance provided through daily email forum activity, individual mentorship sessions, and email support.
Session 1: Basic Conceptual Framework of Homeopathy
- Establishing the foundation principles
- Mechanism of homeopathic effect, the curative response and evaluation
- How to work up a case, use of the repertory and analysis of symptoms
- Adjunctive therapies, case management, building a practice, interview techniques and client communication
Session 2: Difference between Acute & Chronic Disease
- Introduction to the challenges and differences in treating chronic vs acute disease
- The study of different forms of chronic disease and related remedies for treatment
- Essential relationship between nutrition and chronic disease
- Nutrition and supportive care
Session 3: Prescription Evaluation, Mastering the Second Prescription in Chronic Cases
- Evaluating patient’s response to homeopathic treatment through further casework
- Use of keynotes symptoms, significance of concomitant symptoms
- Understanding the importance of behavior in remedy selection
- Further materia medica discussion and more in-depth repertory work
Session 4: Vaccination & Epidemic Disease; Treatment of Suppressed Cases
- Vaccinations and use of nosodes to prevent disease
- Treatment of epidemics
- Evolution of chronic disease with increasing complexity over time
- Strategies for managing the confused and suppressed case
Session 5: Treatment of Cancer, Palliation vs. Cure
- Treatment of cancer, appropriate remedies and proper understanding of case management
- Palliation of incurable cases
- Evaluating case progress
- Research in homeopathy, examples and limitations
- Ethics in homeopathy, good practice standards
In Every Session:
- Case discussions are used as a basis for application of principles
- Practice management strategies will be reviewed at each session
- Faculty members will contribute essential tips to owning and running a successful homeopathic practice
Required books (for the veterinary course) and books recommended for the study of homeopathy.