ProfessionAL Master COURSE in Veterinary Homeopathy
The Professional Master Course in Veterinary Homeopathy is a fifteen-month-long integrated virtual classroom and multimedia program, providing over 180 hours of live faculty instruction. Our curriculum has been fully restructured and expanded to offer our program entirely online to be as accessible as possible for veterinarians and veterinary students around the world.
The Professional Master Course comprises of live virtual classroom modules, inter-modular webinars, mentoring case rounds, homework study with clinical case work, and a final evaluation examination.
Sign-up to our mailing list to receive course notifications for the Professional Master Course in Veterinary Homeopathy and to hear about further online learning opportunities.
The Professional Master Course
- The Professional Master Course is divided into Five Learning Modules with Intermodular Webinars and Mentored Case Rounds between each module.
- The PIVH utilizes an interactive classroom teaching style with lecture, discussion, and casework; utilized to facilitate different student’s learning styles.
- Problem-based learning case study application is used throughout every module, bringing the theoretical to the practical, thereby engaging students to build the foundations for homeopathic clinical practice.
- There is homework study throughout the course year with a final exam to be completed electronically after completion of the final Learning Module.
- Students will receive a comprehensive electronic workbook (if printed will fill a 4″ binder) with detailed handouts inclusive of all lecture notes, additional reference materials, class resources, etc.
The Online Schedule
- Each of the five Learning Modules are divided into two online sessions, part 1 and 2, e.g. Module 1.1, Module 1.2, Module 2.1, Module 2.2, and so forth.
- Online modular sessions (two per Learning Module) will each comprise of three days of live online lectures, which will be recorded.
- Schedule of the online modular sessions will be: Friday through Sunday, with virtual class beginning at 08:30 PST / 11:30 EST and ends at 15:30 PST / 18:30 EST. Each day includes 5 hours of live lectures with regular breaks (including lunch) scheduled throughout.
- In Sum, five Learning Modules comprising of two online sessions each = ten 3-day online sessions over 15 months.
- Learning Modules 1-5 are scheduled with ten to twelve weeks between each module to enable assimilation of coursework through homework study, clinical case work, intermodular webinars and virtual case rounds.
- Students find this time between Learning Modules for study and clinical application of each session’s material to be essential, and as equally important to generate sustainability in work-life-study balance!
In Between Learning Modules
- Intermodular webinars and virtual clinical case rounds:
- Provide the opportunity to review key concepts and learning issues directly with the faculty to facilitate your advancement throughout the program.
- Cover topics from theory, case presentations, homework review, and your own clinical case queries.
- Offered live every 3 weeks during the program, for 1-2 hour sessions.
- Homework Study between each session includes:
- Reading, practical and theoretical homework, and clinical case assignments.
- We advise that for every hour in lecture students should plan on 1-3 hours outside of class in homework study.
- Faculty guidance provided through daily forum activity and email support.
Learning Module Outlines:
Module 1: Basic Conceptual Framework of Homeopathy
- Establishing the foundation principles
- Mechanism of homeopathic effect, the curative response and evaluation
- How to work up a case, use of the repertory and analysis of symptoms
- Adjunctive therapies, case management, building a practice, interview techniques and client communication
Module 2: Difference between Acute & Chronic Disease
- Introduction to the challenges and differences in treating chronic vs acute disease
- The study of different forms of chronic disease and related remedies for treatment
- Essential relationship between nutrition and chronic disease
- Nutrition and supportive care
Module 3: Prescription Evaluation, Mastering the Second Prescription in Chronic Cases
- Evaluating patient’s response to homeopathic treatment through further casework
- Use of keynotes symptoms, significance of concomitant symptoms
- Understanding the importance of behavior in remedy selection
- Further materia medica discussion and more in-depth repertory work
Module 4: Vaccination & Epidemic Disease; Treatment of Suppressed Cases
- Vaccinations and use of nosodes to prevent disease
- Treatment of epidemics
- Evolution of chronic disease with increasing complexity over time
- Strategies for managing the confused and suppressed case
Module 5: Treatment of Cancer, Palliation vs. Cure
- Treatment of cancer, appropriate remedies and proper understanding of case management
- Palliation of incurable cases
- Evaluating case progress
- Research in homeopathy, examples and limitations
- Ethics in homeopathy, good practice standards
In Every Learning Module:
- Clinical Case discussions are used as a basis for application of principles
- Practice management strategies will be reviewed at each session
- Faculty members will contribute essential tips to owning and running a successful homeopathic practice
Required books (for the veterinary course) and books recommended for the study of homeopathy.